Monday, May 17, 2010

Practical Jokes

I read today where a couple of kids were suspended as they filled the atrium at their school with water, and put gold fish in the atrium.

The printing industry is full of practical jokes, From HOT INK, to paper stretchers!

My all time favorite one was we were printing something on the press and the newbie came over and the pressman ask the rookie that he needed the bottle of half-tone dots and would he goes ask prep for the bottle!

This kid went into Prep and they said they were out and need to buy more and they sent him to my office. I laughed and gave the kid $10.00 and sent him to the supply store to purchase a bottle of HALF-TONE DOTS.

I called ahead to make sure the Supply store was in on the gag and they said they would have the bottle ready for him.

So downtown this kid went with instructions to purchase a bottle of halftone dots. He came back with a bottle of colored water which they had made, he walked up the the pressman who was now on another project and proceeded to drink the bottle of halftone dots in front of the kid.

The look on the kids face was priceless, as the supply store had Hand written H2O with dye in it, fatal if swallowed.

The kid didn't work much longer with us, and now that I remember he kept my $10.00, but it was worth every cent!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment